I’ve been really terrible at this thankful Thursday deal, which is really sad considering how excited I was when I came up with the idea. And I honestly think it’s because I’m over-thinking it (no surprise there…). It’s a struggle for me to determine what actually warrants a post.
Enough of that. Instead I’m going to just throw out lists of things that I’ve been incredibly grateful for in the last week. Ultimately it’s about the simple things. Take this week, for instance.
- The library. I currently have seven books and four audiobooks checked out from the library (one of which is a book for the reading challenge the little created for this year, which has been really eye-opening for me). It’s so fabulous that a book can catch my eye in an article or another book, and the next day I can pick it up at the library.
- Fleece blankets. Granted, it’s not as cold as it is back home, but goodness! This girl is ready for spring. But in the meantime, there’s nothing more comforting than curling up under my fleece blanket with a book.
- Pinterest. What would my meal-planning be without it?!
- My fancy to-do list notepads — from the dollar store, no less! As an avid list maker, these (mine is like this exactly but it’s comparable) are one of the best things since sliced bread.
- Watching The Biggest Loser. Week after week this show inspires me, and Tuesday night was no different (especially now that it’s finally two hours again). It gets me revved up to give it my all in my kickboxing and zumba class on Wednesday night (although my body is paying for it today).
- Coffee. But when am I not thankful for that?
All of these little things add up. Just making a list as simple as this gives me an “attitude of gratitude” mindset (a good friend of mine coined that expression a few weeks ago and I love it). That was the whole intent of this post series to begin with, so hopefully I’ve found something that works for me. No sense in over-thinking everything, right?