This quote popped up in my inbox this morning (I may or may not subscribe to the Happiness Project quote of the day…). I thought it was very fitting as I wrap up my week.
“If one thinks that one is happy, that is enough to be happy.” Madame de la Fayette
For whatever reason I’ve been testy this week. I don’t know if it’s because for weeks I’ve been go-go-go and now I’m feeling restless, or if it’s just because I’m in need of a break. Either way, it hasn’t been exceptionally pleasant (although I do have a lot of zingers, so there’s that at least…)
No more, though. I thought I’d start my weekend off right by making a list of things I’m happy about this morning. A simple exercise to get me thinking about the positive.
1. It’s Friday. Enough said, right? Although this is inevitably me most weeks:
2. My morning started with amazing pumpkin cinnamon coffee, thanks to my adopted grandmother. It made my apartment smell amazing on a crisp morning and tasted like fall. (Wrong season I know, but you can’t deny that fall flavors are some of the best. I must track down more of this stuff.)
3. Speaking of fall, for the second day in a row it’s sweater and sandals weather! I was starting to get a little nervous that we weren’t going to get a spring… Plus it gave me a chance to try the new sweaters I got on clearance during my girls day a few weeks ago. It was exciting that I didn’t have to wait until fall the use them.
4. My normal zumba instructor is back, which sadly makes me a lot happier than it should. Since I’m focusing on my physical health this month, it was definitely a highlight of my week to have two amazing workouts. I even had two great non-zumba workouts. Go me!
5. This afternoon I’m heading back home to see the family (unfortunately minus the little) and the doddies (what we call our dogs; don’t ask). Since spring weather is upon us, it means I get my dad’s grilled food (considering I don’t own a grill and wrecked salmon earlier this week, I’m ecstatic about this), I’ll get to read on our deck and take the dogs for a car ride (or three…) and a long walk on the bike trail. How could I say no to these two cuties?
Any frustration I had this week will definitely be gone in mere hours.