Yesterday I got exciting news that Bri with The Modern Parsonage gave me the Liebster award! It’s just one of the many, many reasons I love Miss Bri!
As I found out on Bri’s blog, it means beloved, favorite, dearest in German. The award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. Fellow bloggers can pass on the award as a way to encourage and promote the blogging community. Once someone receives the Liebster award, you do the following:
1. Post the award on your blog for the world to see!
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who awarded you the Liebster by linking back to them.
3. Reveal your 5 picks for the award and let them know they’ve been chosen.
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogosphere…other bloggers!
5. Finally, the best rule of all, have fun and spread the love!
I was touched by getting the award, and then came the hard work of trying to pick five favorite bloggers. The first blog that popped in my mind was Bri’s, with all her craftiness and home decor fabulousness (seriously, could she be more crafty?! Look at how she made over a chandelier), but since receive the award before passing it on to me, I should share the love with others.
So, I pulled up my favorites folder for blogs and went through my list. I’ve probably talked about most of these bloggers before or you’ve seen them comment here, but that probably just solidifies why they’re so dear to me!
1. I’ve definitely talked about her before, but I had to award Michelle with Earning Her Apron. She was a big part of my inspiration in starting my own cooking ventures about a year ago. She’s fun, honest and always finds fabulous recipes.
2. A blog I absolutely love reading is bird by bird. I love her writing, her insights – just everything about the blog. I went to undergrad with her as a fellow English major, and reading her blog makes me wish I would have gotten to know her.
3. While we’re on the subject of undergrad, I always love checking on LS with the greatest of these is laughter. As her blog name would suggest, I love that she finds the humor in life, no matter what the situation may be.
4. Another must-read for me is China Mamasita. She was my 8th grade English and also journalism teacher. I credit her with my path to getting English and journalism degrees, which was also cemented by my high school AP English teacher. Her humor and wit easily made her my favorite teachers ever, and she had a way of teaching parts of speech and writing that made it fun. Her blog is so honest and reminds me how wonderful life can be, which fits in fabulously with my happiness project.
5. Call me biased, but I also wanted to nominate the middle sister for her Musings of a Middle Child blog. She’s gotten into crafting recently, and hopefully this award will get her back into blogging. Plus she’s quite humorous. My colleague actually laughs out loud while reading her blog (although in some posts I’m sure it’s at my expense). I love her anyway.
It became apparent to me while making this list that I like a certain kind of blog – women writing about cooking, life trials, inspiration, crafting and laughter. (While my dad may not fit in that mix, I love his blog just the same). I get a lot of my ideas and blog inspiration from the people on this list, so I’m sure my readers will enjoy them just as much as I do!