I finally made my new year’s monthly action plans bucket! It’s a mouthful to say, but I love it.
I was inspired by a bucket my sister found on pinterest last week. I actually found a jar at Michael’s for about $3.00, and I was easily able to slip scrapbooking paper inside the container. I’d been really nervous about whether I would find a jar/container that I could get a 12×12 piece of paper fully around it, but with this, I had about an inch to spare.
What’s really great about it is that the paper is interchangable, which I don’t think is the case for the one on pinterest. I bought two different paper designs and ultimately decided on this one, not only because I love the word love, but also because the black stickers would show up better. And thankfully pen worked quite well on the clothespin! I’d tried a thin Sharpie marker first, but that bled, so I’m glad I found something that worked.
So without further adieu, the bucket:
Like I mentioned earlier this week, the goal for my new year’s action plans was to find things that would enhance my life, not leave me feeling like a miserable failure. My bucket has 10 clothespins reflecting things I’d like to do each month, although I just ended up adding two clothespins (#11 and 12) that are about half the size of the one in the photo:
- Read 1 book (ideally more, but you’ve got to start somewhere, right?)
- Try a new recipe
- Take on a new craft project
- Volunteer (visiting my adopted grandmother could count, but I’m hoping to go beyond that each month)
- Add to my quote journal (love quotes but I’ve barely even touched the fabulous journal I have for writing down memorable ones…)
- Call my parents (need to start getting away from email and embracing the phone)
- Make time for me (take an evening or day to spend however I choose — crafting, reading, writing)
- Put money into my savings account
- Budget/summarize spending (time to cut down on the amount of money I’m spending on caffeine…)
- Call the middle sister
- Call the little sister
Like I mentioned, I added the two smaller clothespins after I took the photos. I was initially going to do a “Call sisters” clothespin along with the rest, but it ran into the Action Plan wording. Plus if scheduling didn’t work out to where I could only chat with one sister, could I count it as a completed goal? Too many ‘what if…’ questions came to mind, but I wanted to make sure they were a monthly goal since they’re my girls and I want to make sure I’m making more of an effort to chat with them on a regular basis. So I compromised, and it still stayed an even number. Phew.
While there are still a few other over-arching goals I’m hoping to accomplish in 2012 that aren’t on this bucket, I figure this will keep me accountable or at least remind me to have a life outside of work and responsibilities. My workout log is set and now my action plan bucket is finished. Definitely ready for the new year, albeit a few days late.